Company formation in Croatia
The procedure for company formation in Croatia is conducted in front of the Court register. The court register is a public book containing data and documents on entities that have to be entered in the register by law. Each court that carries out registration is responsible for the authenticity of its entries in the register.
Application to the court register and some attached documents (Form Po) have to be notarized by the public notary.
Find out if Croatia is the right place for you to do business. Check the Business Climate in Croatia
All founders and other persons whose signatures are to be verified must be present.
The Public Notary prepares the documentation, which is then signed by the business founders and notarized.
After the notarization, the notary may forward these documents to HITRO.hr’s office electronically.
Some basic info in relation to the company registration process in Croatia
Any address in Montenegro. No lease agreement has required the registration
HRK 5.000 (app. 655 EUR) basic capital for forming LLC
Domestic or foreign legal or natural persons can form a company in Croatia
One or more than one managers of the company that must be natural person over 18 years old
Stating the bank, the e-mail address, the activity of the company, etc.
Documents that are to be submitted for the establishment of a limited liability company
The documents necessary for the registration of a company are:
- Articles of Association
- Proof of deposit of paid-in capital (must be deposited using a temporary bank account)
- Statement of the declaration of the member of the association (according to article 48, members of the association should not have an unsettled obligation to the Republic of Croatia)
- Declaration of the CEO and Directors that they accept the appointment and not punished for any criminal offenses
- Authorization of signatures of members of boards, CEO
- A list made by board members that contain the name, address, OIB (tax number) of members of the board, members of associations and/or shareholders and managers
- The decision on Appointment of the Director / CEO
- Statement on the Acceptance of the Appointment
- The director’s signature specimen
- The founders’ statement on the non-existence of debts
- The application of registration of the company
Thy Business Guide, 2021